State of Michigan Child Support Project
As a leader in the area of Child Support system design, project implementation, training and customer support, Courtland Consulting has been a key resource since 1990 in managing compliance activities and assisting the State of Michigan to certify the federally mandated Michigan Child Support Enforcement System (MiCSES).
Historically, Courtland’s business analysts, quality assurance consultants, instructional designers, and web designers played a key role in system development and support by:
- Defining business and system requirement specifications and system functional requirements.
- Developed test conditions and scenarios to verify system development and conducted user acceptance testing with system users.
- Transitioned, maintained and delivered system training curriculum.
- Designed and implemented the project’s first new employee training program with the new statewide child support system.
- Initiated and implemented E-Learning solutions and online training standards.
- Redesigned and developed Michigan’s Child Support website (mi-support) as a one-stop resource that grew into hundreds of pages of interactive content used by thousands of child support employees across the state.
- Designed and presented web-based presentations (in coordination with the State and partner vendors for the Federal Certification Reviews of MiCSES) that has since been adopted by the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement as the de facto communication standard for states seeking Federal compliance.
In our current role on the MiCSES project, Courtland staff are responsible for developing system requirements, managing a tier of the development team, performing application testing, and providing customer support activities.
In addition, Courtland is active in developing and delivering numerous presentations to partner organizations locally and nationally: Michigan Family Support Council (MFSC), the National Child Support Enforcement Association (NCSEA), the Eastern Regional Interstate Child Support Association (ERICSA), National Association of Tribal Child Support Directors (NATCSD), and the National Conference on Child Support.
Courtland’s staff is widely respected by the users of the MiCSES system for their expertise, willingness to help, and professional demeanor…We are pleased that Courtland Consulting has signed on to be a member of our vendor team going forward, as we strive to make Michigan’s automated child support enforcement system a national model. Should you have the opportunity to work with Courtland Consulting, I have every reason to expect your experience would be a positive and fruitful venture.
James Fricke, State of Michigan, MiCSES Project Director