Making a List & Checking it Twice: This Season’s Checklist to Grow Your Website Traffic
Do You Want to Grow Your Website Traffic?
If so, let’s make a list (that you can check twice) to grow your website traffic this holiday season.
- Get Out Your Blogging Pencil – Write fresh, interesting content on your website. No same-old, same-old, boring content allowed! Draw more website traffic by spicing up your blog posts with relevant, interesting topics. What’s happening in your world and your customer’s world? Make it both helpful and intriguing.
- Get the Word Out – Advertise with Facebook Ads, Google Adwords and other advertising avenues. Don’t assume people will automatically find you. Most often, you have to go to them before they will come to you.
- Get Social – Use social media to promote valuable content and ideas to grow your website traffic. Be purposeful, not just in your offerings, but also with helpful ideas. What obstacles are your customers facing … or what benefits can you share? Give your customers the inside scoop or perhaps a different perspective on something old to make it new.
- Spice Up Your Headlines – Don’t just state the obvious. Write headlines that make your readers want to read more. And then, pack your content with tasty and satisfying information, so they don’t walk away feeling empty-handed.
- Focus on Keywords – What keywords are your customers using in the search engines to find you? Make sure each page has a keyword focus that is evident in the header, main content, image alt tags, and even the links. With that said, don’t go spam-crazy with your keywords, but do have an authentic keyword purpose for each page. This helps drive website traffic through improving your on-page SEO.
- Use Internal Links – Link to different areas of your website inside the main content of each page. What other areas of your website would your customers be interested in? This not only improves your SEO, but keeps your customers engaged in your website.
- Reach out with a Newsletter –Encourage your customers to stay connected by joining your online newsletter before leaving your site. Offer a valuable incentive, such as a helpful download or coupon that perks their interest. Then, use your newsletter on an ongoing basis as a way to draw your customers back to your website by linking to helpful information, feature products and services or special savings.
- Do You Have a Responsive Website? – Make sure your website is optimized not only for desktop, but for mobile users as well. According to an article by Stone Temple, 44.21% of people use desktop, while 55.79% of people use mobile devices to access websites. You definitely don’t want to inconvenience that large of a percentage of people with an outdated website. Make sure your website is as user-friendly as possible.
Yes, there are more items you can add to this list, but if you start with these 8 key items, you won’t miss out on the opportunity to grow your website traffic this holiday season.
If you need help, Courtland Consulting is your solution. We can work through that list with you, and even check it twice, so you can grow your traffic through the holidays and beyond. Do you need marketing ideas for the Christmas season? Check out this article: Ready for the Holiday Season? 7 Christmas Marketing Ideas.
Written by Graphic Artist and Web Developer Kally Stehouwer