Nonprofit Digital Marketing Services Delivered to Blue Water Community Action
Courtland Consulting has had the pleasure of working with the Blue Water Community Action (BWCA) for several years. BWCA has a 50-year history of successfully providing programs that assist low-income individuals, seniors and families to become economically self-sufficient. These programs have focused on: early childhood education, health and nutrition, new home construction, home repairs, financial counseling and emergency assistance services.
Most recently, BWCA and the Courtland Team partnered together to create integrated digital marketing strategies for BWCA’s nonprofit organization. This is to improve the advertising and online management of their vital programs, services and fundraising initiatives to better serve the St. Clair County community.
Responsive Web Design, Donor Management & Email Marketing
One of the main goals for BWCA’s website was for Courtland to design a user-friendly, responsive design that not only reflects the area where the nonprofit is located. Courtland wants to improve the layout of content to help visitors find what they are looking for quickly. Training was conducted to the organization’s designated staff on how to maintain the website using an easy-to-use content management system. Some of the unique features of the BWCA website includes:
- Responsive web design with rotating image slider highlighting events and programs
- Interactive web calendar and blog for promoting special events and news
- Protected portal area for board, staff and clients that includes private web pages, documents and web-based training courses based on user role permissions
- DonorPerfect donor management system software integration with the website for get help, donation and contact us HTML forms
- ConstantContact email marketing software integration with the website for visitors to sign up for email communications. Which integrates with their DonorPerfect account. The organization can easily send mobile-friendly email messages to their community partners and families that they serve
Learning Management System Design & Integration
The Courtland Team worked closely with BWCA to design and implement a learning management system (LMS) to support and track the organization’s training programs. The LMS is intended to be utilized for Board Governance training, staff training and client training for special programs. This training will help the organization with tracking training activities and cut down on travel costs. The key LMS features include:
- Ability to create web-based training courses that include interactive elements using video, imagery, quizzes, survey forms, etc.
- Streamlined system access with BWCA’s private website portal for participants to take assigned training courses through a single sign on (SSO) integration between the main website and the LMS
- Easy LMS administrative access for user management, course development and comprehensive reporting
“It was wonderful working with the Courtland team! I appreciated their patience and their process of working with us was in a manner that we understood. It was so beneficial to have them walk through the new site navigation as well as each important development milestone for our new website, donor management system forms, and learning management system. It helped to keep us on track and they were able to suggest some excellent changes and additions that we didn’t even realize we needed. Now it is easier for the public to find things, the navigation is significantly better with more pertinent information on the home pages and now our site is mobile compatible which is a huge and great feature.”
-Sherry Archibald, Deputy Director of Blue Water Community Action