Responsive Web Design Delivered to Wayne Metro CAA
The Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency (Wayne Metro CAA) is one of the top 10 largest human services community action agencies in the nation.
They manage over 50 programs to help empower low-income people and strengthen communities through diverse services, leadership, and collaboration.
Wayne Metro CAA partnered with Courtland Consulting to design and program a content management system website with a fresh new look to give higher visibility of their program services and funding initiatives to better serve the City of Detroit and Wayne County community.
Responsive CMS Design and System Integration
Courtland developed Wayne Metro CAA’s main website as a responsive web design within the WordPress CMS. Training was conducted to Wayne Metro’s designated staff on how to maintain the website content on their own. Some of the unique features of the Wayne Metro CAA website includes:
- Responsive web design with rotating image slider highlighting events and programs
- Interactive web calendar for promoting special events
- Google Translation tool for multiple languages
- Board, staff and client portal that includes protected pages, links and documents based on user role
Learning Management System Design and Integration
The Courtland Team also worked closely with Wayne Metro CAA to design and implement a learning management system (LMS) to support and track the organization’s training for staff, board members and clients. The Wayne Metro Genius LMS is an innovative extension of services to expand Wayne Metro CAA’s program offerings to the residents and communities they serve.
The LMS features include:
- Course template design for online self-paced learning
- Easy content management for publishing training courses, creating interactive activities, and learner completion tracking
- Training Certificates and Badge awards for learner training achievements and completion reporting
- Integration of a Single Sign On (SSO) between the Wayne Metro CAA’s main website client portal area and the LMS for seamless transitions
“Courtland Consulting is great to work with- they are true professionals! They made the development process easy and on-task. They kept us updated on the progress of the site development, connected us with excellent third-party vendors and worked within our deadlines to ensure a successful launch! The training and support that we received prior to and after launch was also exceptional. They cover all the bases with written training manuals, hands-on training, and ongoing support as needed. We definitely recommend Courtland for any kind of design or development of a website.”
~Communications Department, Wayne Metro Community Action Agency